Naruto x Gaara fans, a reminder that this year’s Fan Day is in one week from today! It’s Monday, July 28, 2014, and you can find more information on what it entails here.
Naruto x Gaara fans, a reminder that this year’s Fan Day is now one month away!
It’s Monday, July 28, 2014, and you can find more information on what it entails here.
(↑ Click to see the uncropped picture. Tumblr doesn’t like tall images.)
Considering how much has changed in the last 10-20 years, it’s hard to tell where the next will take us. But that’s one thing we’re sure of.
Naruto: I LOVE swimming, always have! Figures I’d end up hanging out with toads a lot, right?! Gaara doesn’t swim as much, sometimes he doesn’t even get in the water at all and just keeps me company from the shore, but that’s okay! Whatever’s comfortable for him and I wouldn’t want him to be any other way!! And I know it means he IS comfortable and trusts me that he comes along, and I guess I should be used to it by now but it always makes me really happy!
Gaara: It is still hard for me to shake the habit of avoiding close proximity to bodies of water, and other people when I need to get myself wet. Wet sand is more difficult to control should I need to defend myself, after all, though this hasn’t been an actual problem since I was a child. I’m still not a very good swimmer, but I do enjoy being in water occasionally, particularly when accompanied by people who are dear to me. The feeling of being safe to be vulnerable around them is one I cherish.
Mark your calendars!
This year’s Naruto x Gaara Fan Day is Monday, July 28th 2014.
The Fan Day is a fairly free-form, annual fest for celebrating our love for Naruto and Gaara and their relationship (platonic? romantic? both, neither, whatever? as long as they’re together). The goal is creating and showing off new fanworks and appreciating other fans’ work, spreading evidence to potential new shippers that these two characters are perfect for each other, and meeting more fans who ship what you ship and making new friends.
What can you do now:
- Advertise it! Reblog this post on tumblr, make a post on your blog at other sites, let your friends and their friends know. The above banner is free to use. Here’s the above 500px wide version, and here’s a 450px wide one hosted at photobucket, whichever one fits your blog better.
- Start preparing what you’ll post on Fan Day. Any form of fanworks is accepted, as long as it’s made by you. If you want to use another fan’s work (an existing piece, or collaborating to make something new together), be sure to ask permission first, and credit them; we don’t want to generate art theft. Sharing your old work is fine, too, but the more there exists of Naruto x Gaara fanworks in the world, the merrier.
Fanart, fanfic, headcanon text posts, cosplay, screencaps, manga colouring, gif sets, graphics, crafts, fanmixes, AMVs, rec lists, photos of shippy merch you own, anything you have for sharing. There’s no limit to how many different things you can post, either.
- Help inspire other fans’ contributions. Post prompt lists or challenges, or hold a contest with posting scheduled for Fan Day. Tag your post ”Naruto x Gaara Fan Day”, and start tracking the tag to catch further announcements and eventual Fan Day entries.
What to do on Fan Day:
- post your creation(s), and tag it “Naruto x Gaara Fan Day”
- cross-post it everywhere else you have an account besides tumblr (on livejournal, please post to the Akki no Ai community using the tag “activity: fanday”). At the end of the day there will be collection posts listing everyone’s contributions at (at least) tumblr, Akki no Ai, and the group ArtOfNarutoAndGaara at deviantart, but these are not the only sites you can post to. Don’t worry if you run late, your work will still be included.
- enjoy the sudden abundance of ninjalove, and let your fellow fans know how much you like their work ♥
Don’t tell the ninja paparazzi, but our last vacation, rumored to take place in a super secret location perfect for a cuddly getaway, we actually spent in a blanket fort in our Suna bedroom.
The rumor was true, of course, but maybe next time we’ll travel somewhere for a change.